Cheesecake is a heavenly creamy, sinfully rich dessert that seems more the consistency of pie than cake and is always a favorite during the holidays. The dessert can be served any time of the year, though, and is often requested for special occasions. It is a quite simple and quick recipe to prepare.
The crust of a cheese is a graham cracker crust and can be purchased ready made. However, it only takes about ten minutes to prepare your own graham cracker crust.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 1/2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
6 Tablespoons butter
1/4 Cup sugar
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
* Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
* In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir to mix well.
* Add the butter and blend all ingredients together with your hand. Press the pie crust into a pie pan.
* Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool before proceeding with the cheesecake mixture.
For pie recipes, you can add nutmeg, cinnamon, or all-spice to the graham cracker crumbs to add flavor to the crust.
1 eight ounce package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 fourteen ounce can Eagle Brand Condensed Sweet Milk
1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice (or use ReaLemon bottled juice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 Cup graham cracker crumbs
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
* Allow cream cheese to stand in package at room temperature until softened. This usually takes approximately one hour.
* In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
* Beat in the sweetened condensed milk.
* Add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
* Pour into the pie crust
* To garnish, melt the tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan.
* Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a shallow bowl and stir.
* Slowly add drops of the melted butter and mix with a fork just until graham cracker crumbs are lightly moistened. Sprinkle the mixture with fingers across the top of the cheesecake.
* Chill several hours prior to serving.
If desired, you can use cherry or strawberry pie filling for a topping. Apple pie filling is also good with cheesecake. Some prefer a topping and others do not. During the holidays or any time when entertaining guests, I serve the desserts buffet style. Therefore, I provide the topping in a small serving dish beside the cheesecake and allow each individual to make the choice whether to use topping or have their cheesecake plain.
2. Cheesecake Recipe : Food Network Kitchen : Food Network